GEWI® Threadbar System
The GEWI® connecting reinforcements
- Coupler bar type M
- Hook bar type W
- Loop bar type S
- Anchoring bar type E
- Connecting bar type P
are delivered with a pre-mounted coupler and are to be fixed to the formwork prior to concreting.
The GEWI® coupler can be assembled quickly and easily:
1. Marking of the screw-in length at the fifth rib to ensure the turning in of four ribs of the rod.
2. Screwing on a lock nut and a coupler on steel rod 1 and a lock nut on steel rod 2.
3. Joining the steel rods together and screwing up the coupler. Checking with the marking if booth steel rods are turned in sufficiently into the coupler.
4. Hand-screwing the lock nuts against the coupler.
5. Locking the nut with the required torque using special torque wrenches.
A) Bar 1
B) Bar 2
C) marking at 5. rib
Installation procedure for the GEWI® connecting reinforcement
1. Nail the plug onto the formwork at the desired position.
2. Screw the GEWI® Coupler Bar Type M on manually
3. After the formwork has been demoulded, screw off the plug.
4. Screw in GEWI® Coupler Bar Type A and lock it with the required torque.
A) Wooden formwork
D) Coupler bar type M
E) Coupler bar type A